The Pacific Electric Clock Company (PE) existed for just a few years. Formed about 1920 and taken over by The Standard Electric Time Company (SET) in 1927. The PE master clocks and slave clocks were very similar to SET and originally the PE dials were imprinted with the company name and the city San Francisco. By 1925 the dials read Berkeley and after being taken over by SET the dials included Inc. in the company name.
Pacific Electric master clock movements have distinctive rectangular plates with components that are very similar to Standard Electric Time components. The earliest PE movements were minute impulse wind and about 1926 at least some of the the movements were rewound every hour with a motor.